Club dues are $10.00 for the year. Membership privileges include: Access to a world-class lake, and fun and friendly relationships with fellow sailors.
Membership to the Club is open to anyone that has an interest in model yachting.
The following links will get you to our membership application, along with instructions for joining.
We race two classes: the Dragon Force 65, and the EC 12. Owners of other types of radio controlled sailboats are welcome to come and show us what you have, but they will not be permitted in races. The Dragon Force 65 is is easy to acquire, build, store and transport. The EC-12 is considerably more expensive, larger, heavier, and requires more storage room and a large vehicle.
Club members would be more than happy to help you assemble your kit. It does come with detailed directions.
As a club, we only race "A" rig sails. If you do not currently have them on your yacht, then please purchase and mount a set. These are the sails that come new with the kit.
The EC 12s are available from individual owners from time to time.
EC-12's are much bigger and more expensive. If you are interested in getting into racing, it would be wise to start with the Dragon Force 65 before you consider jumping in with the EC 12. If you already own an EC 12, by all means join us and come to our races! We occasionally have an EC-12 available for sale. Ask Jarl Wathne if we have any available.
Here is what you need to do to join the club:
- Use the following link to print out the American Model Yachting Association form, and send it to them, along with your dues for that association.
- When you receive your AMYA card, print out the Cumberland Valley Model Yacht Club form, fill it out, and send it to Jarl Wathne, club treasurer.
- The envelope should include: completed CVMYC form, a copy of the front side of your AMYA card, and $10.
- When this is received, you will become part of this growing club!
- If you choose to race a Dragon Force 65, you must have a number on your sail. Information for getting this is below.
To join the Cumberland Valley Model Yacht Club, one is also required to join the American Model Yachting Association (AMYA). This organization is the national organization for model yachting in the United States. It publishes a quarterly magazine dedicated to model yachting and oversees national and regional championships in over 20 classes of yachts.
One of the major benefits of belonging to the AMYA is that our club acquires pond liability insurance through this Association. For this reason, it is required of all members.
You will need the club name and number for the form.
Cumberland Valley Model Yacht Club, #347
Please use the application form and mail it, along with cash or a check for your menbership fee, to:
213 Belvedere Ct
Falling Waters, WV 25419
$30 per year
One time fee of $7